Workshops offered include:
- – Fiddle Workshops
- – Mixed Instrument Workshops
- – Ensembles
- – One-day workouts
- – Residential courses
Details of workshops that are currently planned are listed here.
Workshops are tailored to each specific group, but the content of most workshops can be divided into the following elements:
The guiding principle behind these workshops is that at the end of the session, participants should be:
- – motivated to continue working on the subjects explored;
- – inspired and curious to investigate further;
- – in possession of sufficient knowledge and material resources to continue self-directed study.
Workshops are both intensive and participatory. They are also a lot of fun – presented in an informal, accessible and inclusive atmosphere in the belief that this provides the most conducive and enjoyable learning environment. Workshops can be provided on the following basis:
- – structured courses of between 3 and 15 sessions for either fiddle or mixed
instruments, delivered as
- • weekly courses
- • residential weekend or week-long courses
- • one-day workouts;
- – one-off workshops for either fiddle or mixed instruments aimed in particular at
festivals and school/college/university visits.
Workshops can be tailored to suit musicians of mixed abilities and backgrounds, specific abilities (from beginner to professional) and particular backgrounds (e.g. folk, classical, jazz, rock, pop &c.) Promoters and organisers should contact Stewart to discuss details.
Tags30 Years Collection Bill Elliot Bottle Bank Band CD Launch Community Strings Fiddle Day Frank McLaughlin George Welch Graham Dixon Halsway Manor HISS Holly & Ivy James Hill Jimmy's Fiddle JSArts Maddison's Thread Mick West Trio Minstrelsy Morpeth Gathering North East Fiddle School Northumbrian Shop Solo TFA workshop