A composition of the legendary nineteenth century Tyneside fiddler, James Hill, this tune may refer to a publican mentioned in the Tyneside song “The Merry Lads of Gateshead.” James Hill was active in the pub trade, not only as a fiddle player performing for customers, but also as a publican himself.
Download includes the sheet music and recordings of the tune.
The sheet music (pdf) contains:
- Source material with chords and Violin Chord Shapes
- Bowing suggestions
- Realization (ornamentation, double stops)
The recordings include 4 files in mp3 and m4a formats:
- Melody recorded at 052 bpm
- Melody recorded at 066 bpm
- Melody recorded at 080 bpm
- Melody recorded at 104 bpm