Workshops offered include:
- – Fiddle Workshops
- – Mixed Instrument Workshops
- – Ensembles
- – One-day workouts
- – Residential courses
Workshops are tailored to each specific group, but the content of most workshops can be divided into the following elements:
The guiding principle behind these workshops is that at the end of the session, participants should be:
- – motivated to continue working on the subjects explored;
- – inspired and curious to investigate further;
- – in possession of sufficient knowledge and material resources to continue self-directed study.
Workshops are both intensive and participatory. They are also a lot of fun – presented in an informal, accessible and inclusive atmosphere in the belief that this provides the most conducive and enjoyable learning environment. Workshops can be provided on the following basis:
- – structured courses of between 3 and 15 sessions for either fiddle or mixed
instruments, delivered as
- • weekly courses
- • residential weekend or week-long courses
- • one-day workouts;
- – one-off workshops for either fiddle or mixed instruments aimed in particular at
festivals and school/college/university visits.
Workshops can be tailored to suit musicians of mixed abilities and backgrounds, specific abilities (from beginner to professional) and particular backgrounds (e.g. folk, classical, jazz, rock, pop &c.) Promoters and organisers should contact Stewart to discuss details.
Upcoming EventsJun28Wed8:00 pm Bottle Bank Band at Phoenix Folk @ Ouseburn FarmBottle Bank Band at Phoenix Folk @ Ouseburn FarmJun 28 @ 8:00 pmPhoenix Folk presents a Summer Series of Concerts. Sophy, Chloe, David and myself are delighted and honoured to be able to open the 2017 season with this evening concert on Weds 28th June.Jul15Satall-day Stewart and Frank at Rothbury Fe... @ Rothbury